WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file which is downloaded on to the devices you use to access our website, such as your computer, tablet or smartphone. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. Cookies are sent back to the website each time you re-visit it, enabling the website to retrieve and read the information held to “remember” you and /or your devices. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites. Information stored in cookies may be encrypted. More information on cookies and their use can be found at www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
TYPES OF COOKIES
- SESSION COOKIES – these allow COMPANY Analytical Services to link your actions as a user of the website during a browser session. These cookies expire after the browser session ends.
- STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services
- ANALYTICAL/ PERFORMANCE COOKIES – they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES – these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- TARGETING COOKIES – these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.